Sunday, July 16, 2006

First Runs with Nike Plus + Itunes

Today was my first run with Nike + iPod Sport Kit and I think it was amazing! The product is incredible. With a pair of Nike Plus running shoes, you can take out the sole, place the Nike + Ipod transmitter (maybe the size of a quarter) into your shoe. After putting the sole back in, and putting on the shoes, you only need to plug in the receiver to the Ipod, turn on your ipod and run! After each run, you simply press "end workout" on your ipod, and the clock, music, and pedometer stop, and a voice-over tells you your time, mileage, and pace. It is a tremendous idea. Additionally, I have my free account set up on nikeplus.com, so after each workout, I simply plug my ipod back into my computer and the ipod submits my run information to nikeplus.com so that I can track it all online.

To the right is the screenshot of my nikeplus.com account detailing my run today. The first small chart is my test, the middle is my main run (3.35 miles) and the 3rd is my cooldown (.96 miles).

So, today I ran a total of 4.34 miles in 36:38 sweltering heat (91 degrees) with a pace of 8:26 per miile.

My only complaint about the product so far is that you cannot link guests to view my running page on nikeplus.com. Also the "community" section is very limited in its usability. Hopefully these 2 items will be addressed in the near future. But, all things considered an awesome product!

1 comment:

Scottie Roy said...

i gotta get me one now.