Wednesday, July 19, 2006

5 Miles Around Fresh Pond in 40:26

Finally the cooler weather is here. After two straight days of 95+ degree weather, it is only supposed to top the high 70's today. I took advantage of the cooler morning and drove over to Fresh Pond in Cambridge, MA for 2 and 1/4 laps around the 2.25 mile course. I again used the Nike Ipod Sports kit and started up my playlist. I stretched at the .6 mile mark for a bit, then started back up and finished the first lap in the high 20 minute timeframe I think. I'll have to check tonight when I upload my run to nikeplus.com. The great thing about the sports kit is the voiceover lets you know when you pass each mile marker, and then with 400 meters left she lets you know 400, 300, 200, 100 meters left. This enabled me to kick the last quarter mile in really hard even though I was hurting. This was definitely a tough workout given that I am a few pounds over my ideal running weight. Sure I've been lifting and adding muscle, which supposedly weighs more than fat, but I still think I should be at 173-175 and leaner. Ah well, I'll get there.

I finished the 5.01 mile run in 40:26 for an avg. pace of 8:03/mile and burned 675 calories.

Weight = 179

No comments: