Saturday, July 22, 2006


6.2 Miles (10K) in 51:15

After hearing that Scott ran 6 miles this morning. I couldn't help but feel that I needed to put in a decent workout this afternoon. Last year we were always pushing each other, just by hearing about each other's workouts and today was no different. If you click on his blog link, you'll see he laid down a 6 mile run in 48+ minutes, which is very impressive who hasn't competitively run in 8 months.

After lifting back this afternoon, I came back to the apartment in the middle of a downpour. The rain ended up being a blessing in disguise because it eliminted much of the humidity by the time I stepped outside at 5pm to run. I ran along the water all the way into South Boston, past the Harpoon brewery, past lots of Irish bars, then looped back. I finished the 6.2 mile run in 51:15. I definitely did not feel very good. It was very windy and my quads were still killing from my back to back 5 mile runs earlier this week. I need to make a slow 2-3 mile run tomorrow.

1 comment:

Scottie Roy said...

step it up man.