Monday, July 24, 2006

Lunchtime Bicep/Tricep Workout

Made it over to the gym at lunchtime today for a bicep/tricep workout. I started with standing hammer free weight curls of 40-35-30, then did nosebreakers of 70-60-50 with a press finish on each, then did long bar curls of 80-75-65, then did close grip raises of 85-80-75. Last exercise was 60-50-40 on the curl bar.

Weight = 180 (Amazing. I burned 900 calories in Satuday's run alone and I still gain a pound. I hope it's from the lifting!)

One other really important note. I am running the Bridge of Flowers 10K in Shelburne Falls, MA on Saturday, August 12th. You may recall that I ran this race last year and blogged it. Not exactly sure what my goal will be for this year's race. Probably to have nicer weather (beyond my control), and not puke near the finish (hopefully within my control). In the meantime, I need to step it up and get some longer distance runs under my belt.

Potential Running Season Schedule:
Saturday, August 12th - Bridge of Flowers 10K
Monday, September 4th - Around Cape Ann 25K

Sunday, October 1st - Maine Marathon
or
Sunday, October 8th - BAA Half Marathon
or
Sunday, October 15th - Bay State Marathon





No comments: