Tuesday, July 25, 2006

6.94 Miles Through Boston in 57:55

I ran a fairly long course today starting in the North End, running through the fanueil hall, through Boston Common, Public Garden, along the Charles on the Boston side, across the Longfellow bridge, along the Charles on the Cambridge side, crossing a bridge near BU back to Boston, back up Comm. Ave, then Beacon St. all the way back to the North End. I felt much better than yesterday, I think in part due to not lifting today and to running a shadier course with more fellow runners. I only stopped to stretch and ended up burning 934 calories according to nikeplus.com. I finished the 6.94 mile run in 57:55 for an average pace of 8:20. This was my longest run since the Philadelphia Marathon last November and with all things considered it was a successful run in 85 degree heat.

This was the run, but I guess I thook a few shortcuts along the way that made the run less than 7.5.
http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=320469

No comments: