Friday, July 22, 2005

Day # 5: Rest for the Weary

Rest day! And well deserved I'd like to think. I ran more than 3 miles a day for four straight days, and thus have earned my first official day-off according to the training program. The ironic thing is that I should probably be making my weekend "long run" today, because I'll be in New Jersey through Monday. As a result, I'll have to run some unfamiliar roads at some point this weekend. The problem with unfamiliar roads are that you usually haven't had the opportunity to measure them. With that said, I've been pretty consistently running 8-9 minute mile pace on long runs in the past, so if I can just get out and run for 9x6 = 54 minutes, then I can safely assume I achieved the 6 mile goal. Wish me luck. I'll blog again on Monday!

No comments: