Sunday, July 17, 2005

Welcome to my running diary (figuratively & literally) of my training leading up to the Philadelphia Marathon on November 20th, 2005. I have always enjoyed seeking new challenges, whether they be mental or physical, and running a marathon seemed like a good idea to combine one of my high school and college activities with trying to live a healthy lifestyle and push my body to its limit. Finishing a marathon will be undoubtedly one of the hardest tasks I have ever undertaken, but I look forward to meeting the challenge and proving to myself that I can sustain a difficult training schedule for 18 weeks and finish one of the most difficult athletic events possible.

I hope you enjoy my posts as I keep this running diary for my own purposes, and for the purposes of pushing my oldest brother to attain his goal of reaching Philadelphia on Sunday, November 20th.

No comments: