Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Day # 3: Beer Belly Blazing

I really carbo loaded today! I went out with some co-workers had had 3 beers and some calamari after work, but I felt as though I could not let myself and my brother down on only my third day of the program. Consequently I left early to get back and get a run in before darkness and my 9:30pm soccer game tonight. Well, believe it or not, I ran the same 3.2 mile run as yesterday and finished in 24:38, which was way too fast and very dumb. As I was explaining to my brother on the phone, if you have ever tried running with a "buzz" it is impossible to pace yourself. The end result is you quit and walk, or you finish the run with a blistering pace. I ran too fast, and will probably feel the consequences tonight during soccer, during the day tomorrow, and on my 3 mile run tomorrow. Oh, and it was humid and 87 degrees when I left the house.

No comments: