Thursday, July 21, 2005

Day # 4: Trackin it

My fourth day of the training program is in the books. I wanted to switch up the routine a bit tonight so I headed over to the Bentley track to run my 3 miles. This also served the dual purpose of giving me a very accurate idea on pacing as well. Going into the run tonight, my thought was to run considerably slower than the past 2 days - in the 8:15-8:45 range. I discovered it is much harder to actually do. I started out running a rough pace for the first mile due to a dull pain in the back of my knee and came across in 7:35 (way too fast). The second mile I ran a more comfortable 7:20. My final mile, I made the mistake of running too fast again, and finished in7:10, thus making my time 22:05 for the 3 mile run. After the run I walked a 1/4 mile cool down, then did 100 situps.

Weight = 169

2 comments:

Scottie Roy said...

169 before or after the run? I was 179 AFTER running in 100 degree heat!

Sean said...

169 was before the run. I lifted at lunch time at the gym and weighed in at 169 at that point.