Sunday, March 16, 2008

Biceps & Chest Workout + 500 Meters Swimming at BSC - Waltham

Biceps & Chest Workout + 500 Meters Swimming at BSC - Waltham

Since joining my new company last month I was in need of finding a convenient gym that met my needs of having facilities close to work and my house. I ended up joining Boston Sports Club (BSC) of Waltham. The facility was formerly known as Healthpoint and is where the Boston Celtics practice. The actual gym facility is unbelievable. The only gym in the entire Boston area that can match it is the LA Sports Club above the Ritz off of Tremont. The BSC in Waltham has in excess of 100,000 square feet, offers a 6 lane olympic sized pool, 2 full size basketball courts, steam room, sauna, whirpools, and tons of free weights and machines.

I started on Sunday with a bicep and chest workout. I did standing bicep curls, sitting bicep curls, cable crossover machine curl pulldowns, cable crossover machine bar curls, cable crossover machine chest, machine flys, and dumbbell press.

After all the lifting I decided to hit the pool for my first actual swim workout of my life. I have to start somewhere, and while I can barely make it a pool length and back without running out of breath, the idea is to progress and get better. I ended up swimming about 500 meters or about 10 round-trip laps on the 25 meter pool. It was a pretty long, massive workout and I'm sure to feel sore, but a good sore.

No comments: