Tuesday, March 18, 2008

1000 Meters of Swimming + 1 Mile Run

1000 Meters of Swimming + 1 Mile Run

So I've been really trying to start swimming for the first time in my life as a means to keep myself in shape. Although I was pretty sore from two consecutive days of lifting I decided to hit the gym today to get in some swimming and work different muscle groups. The pool is 25 meters from end to end, and I estimate that I did about 20 round-trip laps, thus the estimation of about 1000 meters of swimming. I primarily did freestyle with a little bit of breaststroke, backstroke, water jogging, and legs only swimming. While it didn't hurt at the time, I am starting to feel sore tonight as I type this entry. After running and drying off, I changed and went up to the sky track for another 1 mile run. I finished today's 1.01 mile run in 7:04. Nikplus claims I burned 139 calories


No comments: