Saturday, November 12, 2005

Day # 115: Day Off - Recounting the Miles

This being the final week before the marathon, I thought it would be interesting to recount the training that has led me up to this week, in preparation of running the Philadelphia Marathon. Looking back on my first day of running in July, it was awfully hard to imagine that I would find myself in this physical condition 4 months later. You see, I remember working out at the gym in the summer of '04 weighing in the ballpark of 185lbs. Sure, I'll admit I lost some muscle along the way, but as of last week I weighed in at 165, a full 20lbs lighter than a year ago, and in much better aerobic shape. In looking at my miles by month, I found the breakdown quite interesting.

July - 42
August - 86
September - 92
October - 98
November - 45 (targeting 50)

In total, I have run 363 total miles. To put this into perspective, the driving distance from Boston to Philadelphia is 311 miles.

Also, throughout my training this year, I have had the amazing opportunities to run in 7 different states - Massachusetts, New Jersey, Virginia, Maine, Oregon, California, & Minnesota. I have competed in 2 10k Road Races and a half marathon as well.

No comments: