Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Day # 112: 6 Trail Miles in Great Brook State Park - Carlisle, Ma

With temps in the low 30's this morning and after feeling exhausted last night, I had a feeling motivation would be an issue when my alarm went off early this morning. Sure enough it was. At 6am, I shut it off and reset it for 7am, intentionally missing a morning run opportunity. However, on my way to work I decided to go for a lunch-time run if I could find a good park nearby. With the help of google, I found Great Brook Farm State Park only a 10 minute drive from the office. I arrived there just before noon, changed and started my mid-day run. With a temperature in the low 40's, the weather was perfect (ok maybe a little cold). I ran through several trails in the expansive state park before finally asking a lady on the trails how to get back to my original starting point. You'd be amazed at how confusing the trail system was. Luckily she pointed me in the right direction and I made if back to my car completing the 6 mile run in 54:58.

No comments: