Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Day # 38: Tough 6+ Mile Morning Run

I woke up this morning at 6:20 intending to go out and run a fairly easy 5 mile loop. I started off well and felt good, but about 1 mile into the run, I was having some stomach pains that were hurting me pretty bad. I tried to run through them, but they forced me into walking a few times. So, I decided to take a shortcut on the run and get back to the house sooner. About 1 mile later, the pain completely subsided. Rather than just jog home, I decided instead to punish my body and run the loop completely over. I ran right past my house and completed a 3 mlie version of the loop. I'd say combined the first loop was 3.5 and second loop was 3 miles, thus making 6.5 miles-- but I'll have to measure it out tonight. I crossed in 52:34, but that time probably isn't very accurate given my walking, jogging, hard running, etc... Regardless I am satisfied that I was able to work through adversity this morning and complete the planned mileage.

1 comment:

Scottie Roy said...

Damn...nice work man. It's tough running through stomach aches, cramps, sore muscles, etc but it sure feels good when you are done!