Saturday, July 30, 2005

Day # 13: Seven Miles in Portland, Oregon

Well, I got home from Seattle at around 1:30am this morning, but needed to stay committed to fitting in my 7 mile training run. I woke up at 7:20, and was out on the Portland city streets by 7:30am. Temps were in the low 70's, with no humidity and a light breeze, ideal for a long run. Instead of taking to the city streets today, I ran 1/2 mile down to the Willamette River. I then ran along the river, over the bridge, and again along side the river for several miles. When I ended up back at the Benson Hotel, I stopped my watched at 66:31, which easily eclipsed my 7 mile goal, especially considering that I ran 2 of the middle miles at around a 7 minute pace. Great run!

1 comment:

Scottie Roy said...

Very impressive! I am jealous, but you are giving me something to push for! I am hoping for a 40+ minute run today It likely be in a nice thunderstorm. Gotta figure that will help the pace!