Wednesday, July 27, 2005


Day # 10: Keeping it Fresh

In an effort to keep the runs from getting monotonous, I found a new 3.2 mile run last night that I thought was worth trying this morning. Although the run is very shady and offers one steep hill, a couple of the roads have far too much traffic on them at 6:30 in the morning. The run takes me on the road that brings drivers to 128, and another road that connects to route 2. Both are major commuter highways. Well, as for the results of my run, I finished the intense 3.2 mile run in 26:06, not too bad considering the traffic distractions, steep hill, 87% humidity, and not feeling my best.

Notes: - After waking up, I ate a small sized yogurt, took my multi-vitamin, and downed it with 8 ounces of accelerade before getting out the door. After my run I mixed a tablespoon of whey protein with 8 ounces of water and drank that as well.

1 comment:

Scottie Roy said...

Nice..sounds good. Enjoy the run in Portland! Looks like mid-80's and sunny there tomorrow.