Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Day # 9: Raising the Commitment Level

The temps today are supposed to peak around 97 degrees without the humidity factored in. I had no choice but to raise the level of my commitment this morning and hit the streets for an early morning run. I set my alarm for 6:30 and was out the door by 6:35 for a beautiful, but humid morning. In fact, the humidity level is already at 83%. Believe me, 100 yards into the run I was already sweating profusely. So, I ran the 3.2 mile loop this morning in 25:26, which was right around what I wanted to hit. I really want my mile splits between 8:15 and 8:30 for now. I am just trying to build my base mileage, finish my runs comfortably, and the totally limit the number of times that walking is needed. I think I succeeded this morning as the only stop I took, was one after a half mile to stretch out. Oh, and a good night sleep is always important for a run like this. Well, I am looking forward to a great day at the office. Signing off.

Weight = 168

1 comment:

Scottie Roy said...

nice. Glad you slowed it down a bit. I think it will help as you continue to build the mileage. I am playing hoops today after work, but will try to put in a mile or two after that.