Wednesday, December 05, 2007

5K Treadmill Run in 22:40

5K Treadmill Run in 22:40

Got home tonight and got in line for the treadmill as Sara wanted to walk on the treadmill first. After she was finished I headed downstairs with the expectation of getting in a solid 5K run. I wanted to start off at a good pace rather than working out of a hole, so I starte right away at 7.5, and raised it within the first mile up to 8.0. I eneded up running mile 2 and 3 between 8.0 and 9.5 (sub 7:30 pace). In the last half mile I was starting to feel it, but kept up the speed with the desire to challenge my existing 5K record. The good news is I ended up breaking the existing record and lowering the time to 22:35. I finished the full 5K run in 22:40 for an average pace of 7:16/mile with 429 calories burned. I'd attribute my good time to a combination of having a day off yesterday, getting back into running and being motivated, and some good nikeplus music to push me to the finish.

No comments: