Sunday, March 23, 2008

Shoulder Workout + Basketball Shootaround + 800 Meters of Swimming

Shoulder Workout + Basketball Shootaround + 800 Meters of Swimming

Sara and I went to the Boston Sports Club on a fine Easter afternoon for a nice logn workout. While she swam the entire time, I started out by lifting shoulders for about 35 minutes. I did standing dumbbell raises, sitting overhead dumbbell raises, shrugs, straight arm plate lifts, and machine assisted shoulder press. Afterwards I decided to try and keep my coordination with a bit of basketball. My shoulders and arms were fairly tired from lifting, so the shooting was not a pretty sight. I then decided to head to the pool to meet up with Sara.

I ended up swimming at 800 meters, including 2 different instances of swimming 100 meters without stopping (a first for me!). I mostly stuck with freestyle as Sara was teaching me the proper technique for a flipturn, but I also learned quite a bit about the form in backstroke from her as well. After all was said and done I headed back to the locker room for the steam room and shower.

No comments: