Thursday, November 17, 2005

Day # 120: Final Thoughts....

I never had the chance to get in my final taper run of 2 miles today due to work and the cold temps tonight, but I'm as ready as I can be. After reading Scott's blog I am feel compelled to say a few words about the race on Sunday.

To give a little history, my brothers and I have always been competitive in any undertaking. When Scott and I were talking on IM back in July, I brought up a subject that I had personally been thinking about for a few weeks. Running a marathon. I mentioned it because he was making a comment about he felt out of shape and felt old after turning 30. So, on the spot I made the challenge to him. I told him it would great if we could choose a marathon for the fall and decide to fly and meet up and run--achieving a tremendous goal together. I was 90% sure he wouldn't be up for it. He was understandably reluctant at first, but within a few minutes had agreed to do it.

So here were are 17 weeks later - facing the reality of running the marathon.... this weekend. As I commented on Scott's blog, I am incredibly proud that he has made it this far. After being diagnosed with Chrone's disease and being hospitalized for a week a few years back, it is hard to imagine he'd be running 26.2 miles this weekend. So with a little luck, and a lot of preparation and a lot of will---we'll be able to look at each other Sunday afternoon thinking "What's next"...

Actions speak louder than words..Let's do it bro...

No comments: