Monday, December 31, 2007

4 Mile Beach Run

4 Mile New Year's Eve Beach Run

Sara and I went down to our family house in Santa Rosa Beach, Florida for a few days leading up to New Years, which provided me with a great opportunity to run outside in nicer weather for my last run of 2007. While beach running is more difficult than asphalt, I couldn't give up the opportunity to running down by the ocean. The morning temps were in the high 50's when I left the house and started the trek to the beach. I went my normal route on the beach and turned around at 2 miles and headed back.

I ended up finishing the 4.2 mile run in 33:41 for an average pace of 8:01/mile. I am actually pretty happy the pace was that fast considering the quicksand that I was running in during some parts of the run.

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=1529011 - Details of the running route

No comments: