Saturday, September 22, 2007

50 Minutes of Soccer in a 2-2 tie

This afternoon my BSSL Men's Team, Sparktak FC faced another team is division One, Sports Identity. With my Father-inlaw in attendance, I started at my customary right defender position. After going ahead 1-0, our stopper had an "own goal" on a header he erroneously redirected into the back of our own net. I played about 35 minutes of the first half. With the tie knotted up at 1-1 at halftime, we came out for the second half determined to gain a full 3 points. We went ahead early in the second half when Caley caught the opposing goalie out of position on a difficult angle shot. Not long after (around minute 60), I went in for a 50-50 challenge and sprained my ankle pretty badly. I ended up coming out and went in once more but only at about 70%. I ended up playing about 50 minutes of fast paced soccer in 80 degree heat. Not a bad cardio workout.

No comments: