Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Day # 104: 7.5 Early Morning Miles around Fresh Pond

I woke up this morning at 6am with every intention of heading straight to the gym for a cross training workout with a little treadmill running thrown in. However, as soon as I stepped outside into the 57 degree morning, I knew I'd be better off getting a long run in. As I walked to the parking garage, I decided that Fresh Pond would work best because it is on my way to work, has a nice trail that skirts the perimeter of the pond, and is off the busy streets. Because the trail around the pond is exactly 2.5 miles long, I decided to run 3 loops, thus getting in a 7.5 mile run. Lap 1 was completed in 21:58 (with a brief clock stoppage to stretch), Lap 2 was completed in 22:11, and I turned it on for lap 3, completing it in 19:46. Total total time for the 7.5 mile run was 1:03:55. The run was quite enjoyable and my quads felt 95% recovered from Saturday's horrific 20 miler.

Weight = 165

No comments: