Monday, September 12, 2005

Day # 57: 12.5 Mile Run in 1:41:19

Wow. What a run. What I was expecting would be about an 11 mile run ended up being about 12.5 miles or so I think. I'll know better once I get a chance to mark the mileage in my car. I felt good for the first 8 miles or so from Boston into Watertown. Once in Watertown at the 60 minute mark, I ate the Gu gel that I had stored away in my water belt. After washing it down and running a few more minutes, I definitely felt my energy level come back, which really helped me in the last 40 minutes. At the end of my run, I certainly was not out of breath, it was more of a case of my quadriceps burning Even tonight after some Mineral Ice they are still hurting and I'm sure they'll still be sore tomorrow. Still worth it though. I'm still satisfied with my results tonight and proud of running my furthest distance ever. 12.5 Miles in 1:41:19 ain't bad.

No comments: