Saturday, September 03, 2005

Day # 48: 12 Miles in 1:34:35

In what was my most difficult run thus far of the training program, I completed the 12 mile run in 1 hour, 34 minutes and 35 seconds. Today marked the longest continuous run that I have ever made. I paced the run pretty well with each mile split in the 8-9 minute/mile mark. As a result, I felt pretty comfortable and had no respitory issues, but towards the end of the run my knees and heels were in a bit of pain. After running all the way from Boston into Cambridge, I looped all of Storrow Dr. came back up Beacon Hill, then ran through Govt. Center, the Financial District, the Wharf area, Downtown Crossing, Boston Common, Public Garden, then back up Charles St. and Public Garden. An incredibly draining, yet satisfying run today.

No comments: