Monday, August 29, 2005

Day # 43: 7 Miles in Extreme Humidity in Boston + Beacon Hill Finish

Wow, what a difficult run...Arriving home after work at 6o'clock, I quickly laced up the running shoes and trudged out the door and down Pinckney St. for what was one of my most difficult training runs yet. 92 degrees and extreme humidity greeted me as I jogged down the hill and towards the Charles River. I stretched at the 5 minute mark, then proceeded to run from the Arthur Fiedler bridge all the way down Storrow to the Mass Turnpike exit. The run is roughly 3 miles each way. That plus my 1/2 mile jog to get over the bridge got me to the 7 mile mark. Coming home, I crossed back over the Fiedler Bridge, and once I got to the intersection of Charles + Pinckney---I sprinted full speed 1/6th of a mile straight up Pinckney. If you've seen my street, you fully know why they call it Beacon Hill! A great day run considering the conditions. I finished off the 7 miles in 49:55 - just over 7 mins/mile.

No comments: