Monday, August 15, 2005

Day # 29: What Recovery? 6.2 Mile Run in 45:59!

So much for a recovery run! After temps in the 80's combined with humidity levels in the 60% range over the weekend, today the temps were in the low 70's with no humidity, perfect summer weather running conditions. So, I went for what I hoped would be a 6.2 mile recovery and relaxation run. Well, it didn't go as planned. 1 mile into the run, my muscles felt surprisingly great, and my spirits running high, so I decided to slowly push the tempo and look to continue the pace for the duration of the run. I ran a solid pace of the various hills on the run, and did not even push hard at the end. I finished in 45:59, easily my best 6.2 loop run ever! Calculating it out, the pace turns out to be around 7:25 per mile! That just goes to show what the combination of the humidity and course difficultly did to my 10K time this past weekend. I am extremely satisfied with my run today. 4 Weeks ago, that time would not have been possible even pushing it hard.

No comments: