Thursday, August 11, 2005

Day # 25: 3 Mile Warmup for the 10K

Today was all about pacing a controlled 3 mile run. For the last 3+ weeks, I've gotten into the habit of running a bit harder than I should on my long runs. Today, it was especially important that I revert back to the original plan of pacing myself into a controlled run and running even splits. I achieved that much today. I ran a relaxed 3.2 mile run tonight in 25:28 in preparation for the Bridge of Flowers 10K in Shelburne Falls, Ma. this weekend. I felt good before, during, and after the run, not to mention a shorter 3 mile run like today served as a bit of tapering leading into this weekend's race. If I feel rested tomorrow morning, the plan is to hit the gym to ride the bike for 20 and the eliptical for 10 minutes, just to keep my muscles loose. My preliminary goal this weekend is fairly basic by looking to break 50 minutes. Looking forward to a great race on Saturday, hopefully the heat and humidity don't get to me!

1 comment:

Scottie Roy said...

Good luck in the race Sean. Kick some ass and come in under 49 minutes. Keep pushing...we are all proud of you.