Monday, August 08, 2005

Day # 22: 3 Miles of Sweat

Now I understand why New Englanders enjoy fall, spring, and winter. Summer here is way too humid! Honestly, for the past 2 months or so, the humidity here in Massachusetts has been awful. It is one thing to be down in Florida in the hot sunshine, at the beach, getting a tan, baking in the humidity, and being able to cool off at the ocean or in the myriad of pools. But when it is overcast, 88, with the humidity over 70%, it is simply ridiculously rough here in New England. I hope fall comes soon. Well so anyways, I ran the 3.2 mile loop tonight in 23:21, even though I said I'd run at marathon pace. So I ran the mile pace at 7:28. My fastest pace for 3+ miles in non-race training.

In other exciting news I did 4 things to further my commitment to the marathon today.

1) I registered for the 10K road race in Shelburne Falls, MA. this Saturday. Check out the race site at www.bridgeofflowers10k.com
2) I registered for the Boston Half Marathon in October. Check out the race site at http://www.baa.org/HalfMarathon
3) I booked a room at the Hampton Inn in Philadelphia for the night of November 19th.
4) I booked a roundtrip flight to Philadelphia on Southwest (leaving Nov. 19th, returning Nov, 20th)

No comments: