Monday, October 03, 2005

Day # 76: 16+ Mile Training Run

What can I say about tonight. I left the house at 4:30 with my water belt, quarters, and my house key. I started my watch and jogged down the st. and stopped in a running store on Charles St. to buy a packet of Gu gel for the run. With temps in the high 70s, I ran over the Fiedler Bridge and down to the Charles River. I ran west out of Boston through Cambridge, through Belmont, through Watertown, then looped back through Cambridge and all the way back into Boston. I ate my Gu gel at the 1:30 mark and felt great. Around the 2 hr. mark when I made it back to Cambridge, the sun was down completely. I ran the last half hour in complete darkness along the Charles, which made things interesting. I am extremely satisfied with my ability to fight through the run tonight and survive a 16.2 mile run in 2hrs and 31minutes and 6 seconds. My quads and calves feel sore tonight, but other than that I am doing pretty well. Tremendously difficult, yet gratifying run.

No comments: